Monday, March 4, 2013

S.S.D.D. (same shit; different day)

Call from school AGAIN. My son had decided that instead of skipping he just won't go. His excuse this time is that his girlfriend is home sick so he's at her house. Is it any wonder I'm breaking out all over with "stress induced eczema".

I really don't think he's going to make it. There is no way he can graduate if he doesn't go. And given his current attitude and the several talks we've had about what he needs to do and what consequences there will be (short and long term) he doesn't seem inclined to change his attitude or behavior.

I want to give up, but according to the law he can do what ever he pleases until he's 18. Evidently 17 is a magical place where parental options are limited when it comes to unruly children.

There is little consolation in knowing that I will survive this because I know that regardless of my survival the end result for him will be considerably less than what any parent would want for their child's future.

If I had the money I could send him to a 5 month youth boot camp. He has friends that went through it and are still into drugs and some have still been in trouble with the law. So the only upside is I wouldn't have to worry about him for 5 months (unless he runs away from the camp).

I could take his car. But without transportation he could lose his job (which is the only good thing he's got going for him right now).

I hate him so much lately. It's that special kind of hate that you can really only feel for someone you love with all your heart.

I give up. I'm done.
(one of these days I may actually mean that)

No comments:

Post a Comment